Gym Equipment Servicing
Gym equipment is built to last and designed to take daily usage, however, regular gym equipment servicing is an important part of prolonging machine life. During the warranty period, equipment will be covered for manufacturer’s defects and breakdowns caused by faults. Whilst your warranty is in force, your service requirements will likely be limited to preventative maintenance.
We make certain recommendations below which are common to most types of equipment. Some types of specialised equipment will require a slightly different protocol and this will explained to you before purchase.
Do we need to buy a gym equipment servicing contract?
No, you don’t but remember: your equipment will need servicing. If you don’t want to take out a contract, you could either pay for servicing on an ad hoc basis or service machines yourself (possible, although not recommended!). Our recommendation is to budget for servicing in your business model. If you have allocated money or paid for a contract, you will save yourself from any nasty surprises.
It might be possible to add the service contract to to your gym equipment leasing agreement, so that you have one monthly payment for equipment and servicing.
How often do my machines need servicing?
We would be happy to recommend a service schedule for you at the time of quoting. How often your machines need servicing will depend on the following:
- Type of gym – a healthclub will require far greater levels of servicing than a personal training studio.
- Age of equipment
- Brand and specification of equipment
- Staff supervision of members – one-to-one environments like PT studios wear kit far less than in unsupervised environments, where machines tend to suffer more abuse
- Temperature and humidity of gym
- Cleanliness of gym
- Daily maintenance carried out by staff
- Fault reporting – if minor concerns are reported as they occur, can prevent major issues happening
What types of gym equipment servicing contracts are available?
We can create a tailored service package once we have learned about your gym, usage levels etc but to give you an idea of the types of packages we offer:
- Fully inclusiveThis package includes everything: parts, labour, preventative maintenance and breakdown callouts. This is the highest level of cover we offer. You can be guaranteed that there will be no extra costs for anything during the course of the contract.
- Preventative maintenanceThis package includes regular preventative maintenance visits (frequency to be decided with you, before quoting). As part of the package you will receive post-visit safety reports and recommendations (if any) for work that needs doing. As a bonus, any subsequent labour or any parts will be charged at a heavily reduced rate.